Hours of Work; 37.5 hours per week working Monday – Saturday, 5 days out of 6.
Qualifications and Training
Full current driving licence
Good standard of literacy and numeracy – GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths
Basic understanding of computers including use of Microsoft Excel
Knowledge / experience in logistics / warehousing
People management skills
Able to drive vehicles of Luton Transit van size with manual gearbox
Customer service experience
Experience of working to a schedule without supervision
Knowledge or experience of handling Furniture
Charity retail experience
Stock control experience
To supervise a team of drivers, porters and agency staff.
To liaise with the customer service team to maximise productivity; providing key performance data as required
To ensure all relevant procedures and guideline are followed by the driver and porters
To maintain the warehouse operation procedures.
To check that all administrative paper work completed by the Retail Logistics Driver and Porters is correct.To deal sympathetically and respectfully with customers and donors.
- Practical, organised and tidy
- Self-motivated with determination to finish daily work schedules.
- Personal integrity
- Positive attitude to change
- Methodical and organised approach to maintaining operational standards and procedures.
- Capable of maintaining basic documentation and records
- Good geographical knowledge of the Hospice catchment area
- Good communication skills
- Able to prioritise, problem solve and manage own time
- Ability to multi-task